Collect GPS area - Force automatic mode

Hi!

I have a question of the type geoshape in my form. I would like to know if there is a way to force the automatic mode when collecting data with the Kobo Collect app? I would like my enumerators to only be able to collect GPS points with “Automatic Mode” and if possible only allow certain accuracy levels and time intervals to show as options.

Is this possible in any way?

Thank you!

@luisrodx, when the location question appears, you could do this by following the instructions outlined in the image shared below:

Press the location icon with a + inside it. You should then see the dialogue box shown in the image below:

Here, choose Automatic location recording and set the Recording interval and the Accuracy requirement as needed.

Then select Start.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thanks for the reply. However, I am aware that’s how it works, and what I meant to ask was if it would be possible to not allow people to select other “Input methods” besides the one that I would define beforehand?

Thank you.

@luisrodx, did you mean you want to lock this configuration (input method) so that the enumerators are forced to collect the geoshape automatically?

@Kal_Lam yes. Or for example, to remove the first option and only allow Manual or Automatic. I want to know if I can have any control over this.

Hi @Kal_Lam, this was already quite some time ago, but this keeps being asked by my clients. Didn’t find a workaround for this.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you for your attention.