Combining Old household and new Members into another repeat group and asking them the remaining section

Dear Family,

I would like to express my gratitude for your continuous support in helping me understand the Kobo XLS form. However, I have encountered some challenges while trying to design a follow-up study on households.

To give you an idea of the form, it comprises five modules:

1. Module 1: Listing old household members (row 3-11) and checking whether they still exist in the household (row 12).
  2. Module 2: Designed to capture new members (row 13-18).
  3. Module 3: Intended to have a joint or combined list to obtain updated demographic information (row 20-26) for all members.
  4. Module 4: Education (row 31-35) to be answered by all household members aged 3 years or older, with reference to the age provided in row 24.
  5. Module 5: Fertility (row 36-40) to be answered by females only, whose age is between 15-49 years, based on the sex provided in row 23 and age in row 24.

With that being said, I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:
a. How can I combine or bring together the old household members who are still members and the new members to answer the demographic questions in Module 3?
b. What is the best way to proceed with this issue?

Attached is a sample XLS form for your perusal. I would appreciate any support or related work that could assist me in my studies.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Amidu.
constraint2.xlsx (12.4 KB)

@Sham_me, are you trying to do a longitudinal survey with this form design, or is it cross-sectional?

Just a cross-sectional.

Thanks

Dear Family,

I would like to express my gratitude for your continuous support in helping me understand the Kobo XLS form. However, I have encountered some challenges while trying to design a follow-up study on households.

To give you an idea of the form, it comprises five modules:

1. Module 1: Listing old household members (row 3-11) and checking whether they still exist in the household (row 12).
  2. Module 2: Designed to capture new members (row 13-18).
  3. Module 3: Intended to have a joint or combined list to obtain updated demographic information (row 20-26) for all members.

Attached is a sample XLS form for your perusal. I would appreciate any support or related work that could assist me in my studies.

How do I combine/merge the old household members who are still household members and the new once that are were not captured during the baseline?
Thank you for your time and assistance.

Still waiting patently for the guide.

constraint2.xlsx (12.4 KB)
[/quote]

Sincerely,

Amidu.