Complex skipping

Hi Kal_Lam
I am facing two main problems
1, in skip logic system as my conditions are more than two “or”, " "and " with three are four combinations for next question to appear
2, I am using multiple question box, but when I tested it alone they worked well, but the same syntax I added with other questions above it the question matrix is showing huge space in between the label and input answer.
Is there any samples for skip logic for the appearance of next question ::
For e.g:

If Q1 and Q3 = Yes than Q3 must appear
If Q1= No and Q2= yes than Q3 must appear
If Q1= Yes and Q2= NO than Q6 must appear
If Q1-No and Q2 = No than Q9 must appear

Is there any sample for this

Welcome to the community @LeoM! Could you kindly confirm, if this is the very case or if it’s a typo…

Should it be If Q1 and Q2 = Yes than Q3 must appear?

Would also appreciate if you could share with us a dummy question with some dummy choices so that we could see how the question looks like.

Thanks for quick response.
aKAQGG5TmVircJjb9awcta.xlsx (8.0 KB)

Could you list out the dummy something as follows:

Q1. What is …
choice 1
choice 2
choice 3

Q2. What is …
choice 1
choice 2
choice 3

Q3. What is …
choice 1
choice 2
choice 3

Skipping condition …

If Q1 and Q2 are both choice 1 (or say Yes) …

Apparently you just shared your xlsform but don’t see any instructions in the xlsform. Or maybe you could also add a remarks column in your xlsform and then specify the condition in detail so that the community could help you out.

Hi,
Please check the xlsform with remarkssample Bsec.xlsx (11.4 KB)

Hi @LeoM
Out of curiosity, I would like to know if you had a look at our article on skip logic? If not, I suggest you have a detailed look at it since the kind of behaviour you are looking for is fully covered by the skip logic.

Once you go through that article, I have shown an example (in green) on how you can execute the rest of the logic on your form.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,
I have done this all skip logics, but I am not happy with their appearance, that how they are appearing on form,
As you have notice in samplebsec.xls , all the skip logic are there, but when the selection button for Q1 or Q2… are changing ( For e,g if I checked Q1 yes but I want to change it to No after selecting Q2 )the once appeared question are still visible or when appearing they are already selected.
Thanks

Hi @LeoM,

I could understand some of your conditions and have made changes accordingly but there were some where i could not understand (those with the red fonts under the remarks column).

Reference xlsform:

sample Bsec_E.xlsx (13.1 KB)

Wrong attachment loaded
When working with section B , B9 appeared in start of section B.
But I want it to appear it after B1 and B2 are answered and B5 or B5.1 is answered
Working with B9. appaered in start of section B.xlsx (11.6 KB) .

Hi @LeoM
Could you please clarify on the following query

Out of curiosity, I would like to know if you had a look at our article on skip logic? If not, I suggest you have a detailed look at it since the kind of behavior you are looking for is fully covered by the skip logic.

What you are explaining seems more of a form design issue that can be easily covered if you read the support article that I had shared earlier. I would suggest you start with that first and then we look at it once you have sorted some of the logics you have applied. As an owner of the vision for the form, you are better placed in aligning the position and logic for the question; if you experience system-related or complex design issues, we would be happy to provide more support.

Stephane

1 Like