Connecting Power BI to KoBo

Hi
İ am connecting KoBoTollbox to Power Bi with a project has 250,000 rows throgh the next Api:
https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/api/v1/data/XXXX?format=csv
where XXXX is the id of the project …
is there are any way to retrieve all the rows to make LİVE analyse via Power bi
NOTE:
İ want to link them cloud NOT locally so İ doN’T want to download the XLS file locally
because İ have adjusted Power Bİ to refresh the data cloudy every 1 hour

1 Like

Thank you Chris for the topic.

I have the same question than Mario, how can i connect Power BI to kobo while keeping the data private. I’m working for ngo with sensitive beneficiary data that cannot be public.

Thank you for your answer.
Quentin

I’ve come up with an alternative method that I believe stays secure - please review and let me know what you think:

1 Like

Hello everybody,
How do I display Kobo labels in Power Bi?

Hello team; I’ve been able to link my kobo data to power BI desk, I can see data for some variables but others variables with data in kobo are without the same data in power Bi data model. What can I do to solve this issue?

Hi @williamouchi
Unfortunately, the information you have provided is not sufficient to provide you with support. Could you explain and provide moe illustrations that would help us understand your issue better.

Stephane

Hi team, Please I’ve illustrate the problem I’m facing in the atached doc. Thanks for your help. Best regard. F

Hi I had also this problem of JSON error…
I checked the in the query editor of the KoBo To Power BI Connector v2.zip file:
In the 1st step, is where the query fails…So I go to source , It reads…

It says /forms
if you remove /forms it it will work.

Then the error is gone from the 1st line!

and in the last you get indeed the csv links for the forms…
See I get 3 links for a form I have in 3 languages…(En Fr Pt…)

HERE the modified file
pretty happy now!
I hope it helps

2 Likes

You found any answer to your query ? i am facing the same issue, Please guide, when connecting to power bi it takes the labels of back language programme not the original one

wat if, we wish to publish it to PBI service? How data to be refreshed?
Pls guide. After Publishing,refresh isnt taking place

Hi @vicks88, refresh schedule is configured in PowerBI not in KoBo. Please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh - many cheers.

1 Like

I did this many times before… But it throws error…I set Anonymous and Public,.

Sir I have a question, can i connect Multi-sources to power bi by your file KoBo To Power BI Connector v2MOD?

Thank you in advance

What the connetor dies is showing you the link to the reports ( data with labels) that you have in the account. (see CSV LInk)

then you can use this in the same POWER BI file/a different one…

1 Like

good evening please @iker.montes i need your advice i can’t link my kobocollect via the humanitarian platform to powerbi please need guidance

Have you tried this?

It is all explainded there.

1 Like

THKS @iker.montes

please @iker.montes I have been able to access the powerbi but it only considers numbers like 0 or 1 instead of no or yes.

How can I do this?

Hi @iker.montes please What to do? all my answer modalities are displayed in numbers when I link my kobocollect to powerbi and I would like to see the chosen answers
thks

Hi @bob
Have you gone through the entire trail that was shared by @iker.montes ? The trail fully explains the process which picks up the labels as opposed to the values.

Stephane

1 Like