Control enumerators behavior by assigned supervisors

I would like to set up a quality control system during the data collection period. The diagram is as follows:
Five supervisors constitute the first level of control with a server created for each supervisor.
The data manager of the structure performs a second level of control after the one performed by the five supervisors.
To do this, the tablets of the 20 collection agents will be configured so that each supervisor has five collection agents under him to monitor. The forms are sent directly to the supervisors according to the collection agents under their responsibility. However, the data manager must have access to the data of the 20 collection agents and therefore of the 5 supervisors.
My concerns are as follows:

1. How to set up the collection agents’ tablets so that they are directly and only linked to the identifiers of each supervisor?
  2. How can we set up so that when the data collector sends his forms to his supervisor, the latter is the only one to see and control the forms without the other supervisors having access to them except the data manager?
  3. How to make sure that the data manager alone receives all the forms received by the 5 supervisors and can make all the possible modifications without it being possible between the supervisors?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi @MMM_MINTOGBE,

You could do this as follows:

• Create an admin account say Account_A (in either OCHA or HHI).
  • Create 5 supervisors account say Supervisor_1, Supervisor_2, Supervisor_3, Supervisor_4 and Supervisor_5 in the same server where Account_A was created. Note, if you create these account in a different account this workaround should not work. So be careful at this stage.
  • Create and deploy the survey project through the admin account Account_A.
  • Now share the deployed survey project with the supervisors as outlined in the support article MANAGING PERMISSIONS.
  • Also configure the sharing with the 5 supervisors as outlined in the support article ROW-LEVEL PERMISSIONS. Having made this configuration the supervisors should only be able to see their enumerators data in their account while the admin should be able to see all the enumerators data.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks. But a have again an concern.
Please, with Row-Level Permissions is it not possible to grant validation permission to the five supervisor associated with a project? If so, how do you do it?

Hi @MMM_MINTOGBE,

Kindly please be informed that record validation permission is not allowed for those users who are granted with a row-level permission. Principally, a row-level permission is granted to area supervisors who supervise certain enumerators within it’s catchment area while a record validation is granted at the central level who manages the quality control of the entire data.

Have a great day!

1 Like

If I understand you correctly, this implies that only the administrative level acount_A only can grant validation status to forms?

M. Mireille-Marie MINTOGBE
LaReSPD Parakou
INACES/Porto-Novo

Hi @MMM_MINTOGBE,

You could give access to anyone for the validation (i.e. it should not be only the admin) but the thing i tried to explain in my previous post was that generally the person staying at the central level is assigned with the validation permission. Maybe you could have a look at the support article Record Validation.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks.

M. Mireille-Marie MINTOGBE
LaReSPD Parakou
INACES/Porto-Novo

1 Like