Could anyone please explain me a bit about repeat count?

Just to clarify, this will be done in the xls, then uploaded back to KOBO? I am asking as I have not resolved adding the repeat count, because if I understand I have to manually add the column in the xls then upload it back to the form. Let me know if my understanding on this is correct.

Hi @scherrie,

Sorry i did not get you correctly! Could you kindly explain me your issue again.

Have a great day!

Where do you create th repeat count?

1 Like

Hi @scherrie,

You could use repeat count if you wish to create a roster question. A roster question is a set of question (say Name, Age, Sex) that will repeat for an entire family members (or say school children or whatever you wish to use with).

You could have a detail overview of the repeat group and repeat count in the support article Grouping Questions and Repeating Groups.

As a workaround, you could also have a look at the post that has been discussed earlier:

Kindly please be informed that repeat count at the moment is only supported in KoBoToolbox using the xlsform and is not supported in the KoBoToolbox Formbuilder User Interface. You will thus need to edit your xlsform and then upload it to the KoBoToolbox server.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Thanks Kal.

I now understand. My confusion was that repeat count was not showing up in xls from form builder. I understand that the column has to be created.

2 Likes