Counting the number of response of different questions

Hi All,
I have 10 questions about vulnerability assessment. All these questions in a group and select one type. These questions ask about some vulnerability criteria like: female headed household, child headed household, disability, total household members, number of earning members, amount of income in a range, number of elderly persons etc. All these 10 questions have only two options: Yes and No. All these questions are mandatory. After asking these 10 questions, I need to define the vulnerability status of the respondents, like: Extremely vulnerable, vulnerable, moderate vulnerable. For example: If 8-10 questions out of 10 are answered ‘Yes’, then it is extremely vulnerable. If 5-7 questions answered ‘Yes’, then moderate vulnerable. At the end of this group, I have question: Define the vulnerability status of the respondent.

Are there any way to count the number of ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answered out of those 10 questions?
If I want to link this vulnerability status with the range of ‘Yes’ answered, is it possible? I mean, if 8 ‘yes’ is answered, then there will be only options "Extremely Vulnerable’. If 5-7 ‘yes’ answered, then only ‘moderate vulnerable’ should appear as option. Its kind of cascade, I think.
Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello,
What is the “name” (code) of the yes answers?
Could you provide the related part of your form here for better support?

You can search the forum to find several examples, incl. vulnerability
https://codmmunity.kobotoolbox.org/search?context=topic&context_id=17467&q=sum%20index%20score&skip_context=true

Hi Wroos,
Thanks for your response. Here attached my tool for your kind review. Thanks in advance.
Counting Response.xlsx (9.2 KB)

@tasfik_rukan, you could do the same as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: Slight

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: Moderate

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: Extreme

Reference xlsform:

Counting Response.xlsx (11.0 KB)

1 Like

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your kind response. Based on your kind and outstanding support, I have developed my final kobo questionnaire. It works exactly as I needed.

2 Likes