Creating a cascading selection

Hello everyone. I come to you to present my concern to you as a matter of urgency in order to receive help. I’m trying to create a cascading selection but it doesn’t work. I reproduce the example model, but it still does not work. cascading selection must take into account:
- the region
- The Department
- The sub-prefecture
-The village
I attach the excel file which is the localities database so that you can help me please. How to dispose of them?

It is very urgent and it is a project within the framework of the fight against Covid-19 in Ivory Coast.
Thank you I count on you
Mr. Elysée
Caritas Man
Ivory Coast

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please have a look at the post that has some workaround with a cascading select question (multi-layers). It should solve your issue:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you very much, but I admit that I am a beginner, so how to fill in the xls form? I am lost: upside_down_face: And I cannot send the file since I am new to the site. I am in turmoil

1 Like

Hi,
Welcome to the forum and to KoboToolBox. No need to worry, if you follow the different articles then you will perfectly be able to execute. I believe the articles will be better detailed than our response here. Have a look at the following:

Stephane

Hi @esy_cari2020,

Looking at the xlsform that you have shared in the private message i see the following error which has been causing you the issue:

• Repeated name with GOPOUPLEU observed in the list_name Village.
  • KoBoToolbox is case sensitive. You have used Sous_prefecture in the survey tab while Sous_Prefecture in the choices tab. Use either one of them.
  • The last and the most important thing is that the name listed in column B should match the name listed in column D, E and F respectively (according to the colors provided). It seems that it’s not matching at the moment. Please see the workaround provided in the post shared above.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks for all the help you give me.
I followed your advice to the letter, indeed the breakage posed as a problem that I was able to solve and the localities were taken into account. The problem now is that when I launch a preview, and I select a region, the list of departments, or that of the sub-prefectures, even less of the villages, takes place. Can I share the project with you? to finally find the solution?

Thank youaAmRTWuqjjkiwbbYm9Za8n.xlsx (21.1 KB)

Hi @esy_cari2020
Have you tried resolving this on your end by following all the instructions provided above? We normally encourage users to really exhaust the advice provided especially on form specific issues. Kindly have a stab at it first and if you are absolutely not in a position to do it, then reach back with the steps that had a problem.

Stephane

1 Like

Yes I tried the instructions that were provided to me. There has been a significant advance in that I was able to display the localities of the 3rd level of waterfall. However, when I test my form, and I select for example the region, in principle, he should be able to scroll down the list of the second level (Department) which corresponds to the selected region. the same goes for the sub-prefecture and the villages.

But the observation is that precisely it does not trigger any event when I select a name in the list of regions. So I don’t know what to do anymore,

If there is a way to share the project from an access so that you can understand my concern. This is only the last step, but here I am completely blocked after having observed all your instructions.

Thank you Sir
aAmRTWuqjjkiwbbYm9Za8n.xlsx (21.1 KB)

Hi
Could you download your form as an XLS and then share it with me.

Stephane

Okay, no problem with pleasure.
Thank youProjet esycari2020.xlsx (20.4 KB)

Hi,
The problem was caused by the fact that the names of your labels in the choices sheets were in capital letters yet you referenced them in small letters under the choice filter reference. I have adjusted this form and it should work for you.

Projet esycari2020.xlsx (21.1 KB)

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you very much it works perfectly, and thanks to you I have just learned something new. Regularly I will come to you to help me in the design of my forms. Thank you for your kind support. I appreciate it

1 Like