Creating a random Number

Hi,
I want to select 3 brands randomly from a pool of those selected.Example
1.What brands of cooking Oils are you aware of?
a
b
c
d
e
Select a maximum of 3 brands from the selection at Q1 with priority to brands b,e if selected

Hi,
Could you please provide some detailed explanation so that we can best support you?

Stephane

What I need to achieve is to select 3 brands randomly from brands selected on a previous multiple question, in addition to this I have 2 brands which should be given priority if selected.How can I achieve this.

Hi @mnelson
This query is about logic

Queries:

1. What do you mean by select 3 brands randomly i.e. does the user select the three or does the system automatically select the 3?
  1. And how does priority apply considering my Query 1 above

As it is, your question is not clear which makes it difficult to provide contextual logical support. Please provide more details.

Stephane

1 Like

What I mean is 1.The respondent selects all the brands aware of.
2.I want the system to automatically select 3 brands out of those selected by the respondent.
3.Out of those 3 brands selected,I have 2 brands which should be given priority by the system if they were selected by the respondent.
Hope this clarifies.

Hi,
Is anyone able to assist with this,or its impossible on this platform?

Hi @mnelson

Since this is more of XLS form customization rather than a system support issue, we are leaving it open for other users to chime in on the same.

Stephane

1 Like