Creating a unique serial number for a survey project

I got some guiadance on how to create a unique serial number from this link; Creating Unique Serial Numbers in Forms — KoBoToolbox documentation, but it kept bringing me errors when trying to preview but also refused to deploy. I realized that it was just a matter of adding dollar signs to each of the variables in the calculation field; concat({Q1_C}, ‘-’, {Q2_C}, ‘-’, {Q3_C}, ‘-’, {Q4_C}, ‘-’, ${Q5})-this didnt work, but when i added Dollar signs as seen here: concat(${Q1_C}, ‘-’, ${Q2_C}, ‘-’, ${Q3_C}, ‘-’, ${Q4_C}, ‘-’, ${Q5}) - It worked.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @lamson_ocira! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will update the article soon and let you know. Expecting the same in the upcoming days too.

1 Like

Dear Doc Team,
Maybe a QA procedure could be great that all examples in the documentation are tested before publishing.? (At least with online validator.)

1 Like

@Kal_Lam , thank you.

1 Like

@lamson_ocira, please be informed that we have updated the typo in the support article Creating Unique Serial Numbers in Forms. Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for the quick response @Kal_Lam

1 Like