CSV data output

Hi All,

I wish to download the responses to survey as csv. I see there are two options on kobo toolbox; csv and csv legacy. With csv the responses for ‘select multiple’ choices all go into the same cell, however for csv legacy there are n/a or TRUE as responses when these should be numeric.

Please see the 2 survey outputs attachedSymptoms_Questionnaire_v10.1 - latest version - English - 2020-05-15-12-53-34.csv (36.2 KB)

Best wishes

Catherine

Hi @cp622,

If you require a csv file with an xls data format you could do the following:

• Download your dataset in xls format
  • Open the xls dataset
  • Save As csv file

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
Thank you for the advice, however I will be downloading 4 forms each day and do not want to save each of them as csv. i am importing to SAS and csv is best to import. Does either of the csv options allow for numeric output instead of having n/a or TRUE as responses?
Regards
Catherine

1 Like

Hi @cp622,

If you wish to import data to third party analysis software try using XLS (legacy) format as shown in the image below.

I generally use the XLS (legacy) format to import my data in SPSS and it works really well.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam, I suppose I am just wondering why the csv output has text in the first place? is there anything different i need to change in the form settings or choices sheet that would produce numeric output or blank cells for unanswered questions?
Regards
Catherine