Data decryption creates failed_submission.xml

Good day!

Thank you for this wonderful community!

I want to ask, I am using a data encryption during data collection and server-side decryption of data. The problem is it always creates a folder named {Project Name} - errors and inside it is the failed_submission_1.xml. Upon checking the decrypted data, all data items are correct and accounted for. What does failed_submission.xml mean?

Thanks again!

Hi @alexpolo01,

Have you gone through our support article Encrypting Forms. It should be helpful to troubleshoot your issue.

Have a great day!

Hello @Kal_Lam,

I’ve gone through that article. That is where I actually learned encryption and decryption. I’m just bothered about the extra folder with failed_submission.xml inside. Hope it’s not something that will later on cripple the data.

Thanks!

Hi @alexpolo01,

Could you share with us a screenshot of the issue you are having so that we would be able to better understand your issue.

Have a great day!

Hello @Kal_Lam,

This is the screenshot of that xml.

As it turns out, it has the same code as the submission.xml in the path of “ODK Briefcase Storage\forms\Form 1A\instances\uuid…\submission.xml” shown in the screenshot below.

I’ve edited my post! Wrong screenshot, sorry.

Thanks again!

Hi @alexpolo01,

Could you let us know the version of Briefcase you are using to decrypt the data?

Have a great day!

Hello @Kal_Lam,

its ODK Briefcase version 1.15.0.

Thanks!

Hi @alexpolo01,

So everything seems to be correct. Would you mind sharing with us the steps you performed so that we would know if there is anything that you missed out.

Have a great day!