Data download - not all data downloaded

Hi,

I have modified the data using the online Data view and saved the editing. It looks alright both in the Data->Table view and Data->Report view but when I download the Excel file some of the data variables or single cases (the ones edited) are not appearing. I have tried to refresh/download several times. Any lead what could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello @Giul, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Can you share a screenshot of the data missing in the excel and the data that should be seen in Table View?

All the best,

1 Like

Hello @hakan_cetinkaya, thanks for support!

Here the screentshoot from Table View with missing data:

1 Like

And here the excel file here those data do not appear:

You see also there are two additional columns that do now appear in Table view.

Thanks for any support! Best,
Giulia

1 Like

@Giul,

Can you share a screenshot of Data > Downloads > Advanced options?

Best,

1 Like

here we go

1 Like

Can you take a screenshot after you click on the Advanced options so it can expand? :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah ok yes#

1 Like

Hi @Giul,

• Did your edit affect the calculate question?
  • Did any of your redeployment (versions) change the calculate question?
1 Like

Mm…there are actually no calculate questions…totals are all values inputed

1 Like

@Giul, Can you try XLS (Legacy) export type in your Select export type and check if the data missing in there too?

1 Like

Thanks @hakan_cetinkaya ! Data are in this version :slight_smile: so on legacy it works but not on the normal way to download, is this a case or I have to do something to be able to export the data also on the project´s download?

2 Likes

Well, @Giul, I’m glad it worked. However, that question is beyond my knowledge :slight_smile:

Pinging @Kal_Lam for his knowledge on the subject.

All the best,

1 Like

:slight_smile: anyway many thanks for this!! let´s see if I can solve this also for the future @Kal_Lam

Have a good day!

2 Likes

Hello @Kal_Lam,
seems a reproducible case. So, please, can we have a GitHub entry and a developer checking this issue?
@Giul,

1. Can you share the related extract of your form, please?
  2. Did you change the form (esp. around the cited question) during data collection?
  3. What do you get, if you export the data with (normal) XLS option and only last form version?
2 Likes

Hi @wroos ,

Many thanks for your message!

1. what do you mean with extract?
  2. yes, I did change the form and added the variable with the cases missing later on once I already entered the data. I then enterered manually the values missing on Data->Table (I know not ideal, but it normally works)
  3. I actually only see this option and ´None`, I can´t save only last form version

1 Like

@Giul, thank you for bringing this to the community! Could you list the exact steps you did that led to this (data missing)? Maybe we could also try reproducing this at our end.

Hello,
Not sure if this issue had a solution? When I download with XLS or CSV, I’m missing specific information I need (emails) (after selecting only the labels I need
image.
Only when using XLS (legacy), I get the missing information, but it does not let you choose what you need specifically, and is showing a message that in the future is not going to be available anymore.

. Why is this?

Thank you

@Kal_Lam, Hi! I had an issue with missing downloaded data yesterday as well, not similar case, but also missing data.

I have loops, which depend on the HH size - so one loop per individual HH member. For 3 of our surveys, data exists in the audit file, but not in the output xml file

Output data, sorted by parent_index. As you can see, parent_index 16, 17 & 19 are missing

Although hh_number is not 0

And in the audit file you can see that data was actually added in the loop

Probably a temp bug, but let me know. Thanks!

It might be possible that the enumerator moved back in the form and changed the number of HH-Members to zero. So, the previously entered member data would be removed on finalisation/submission.