Data entered through the edit feature in Data>Table is NOT showing when exported

In the latest version of the form, an additional field had been introduced. So I went to Data>Table, marked all records and replaced “n/d” with the desired content for that field. In the Data>Table view, this content is nicely showing and when using the URL https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/assets/.../submissions/?format=json one can also see that the new field now has values.

However, when downloading the data by “Export” on Data>Downloads, the whole column for that field is empty. Is this a bug?

@york_rff, are you able to share with me the _id for that particular submission that has this issue so that we could have a closer look at it. In addition, also please share with us the following through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • _id (that has this issue)
  • Server

@york_rff, could you also let us know the variable name? I should then be able to directly dive into the issue.

sust1st and maint1st

1 Like

Hi, was this issue solved? I am having the exact same problem.
A collaborator has edited some entries via the Table>Edit function, but when I export the XLS, some of these changes are not shown.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Daer robeya

Unfortunately, I can’t remember whether the issue was solved (rather not) or whether we had chosen a different solution strategy (workarounds) after we experienced that problem.

@robyeva, is there a calculate type question that affects the data you’re editing?

Hi Hakan,
yes, the fields that should be updated (but are not) are used in a calculate . Should this make a difference and do you know what I could do to solve the issue?

Thanks!