Data from Select_Multiple Questions seen in server and not seen in downloaded Excel File

submission-data

In my Kobo form they’re several ‘select_multiple’ questions. I can see the results to these questions in KoboToolbox data sheet but when I download the data to excel, my results for one of these ‘select_multiple’ simply do not appear. The columns are blank instead of 0 or 1. What could solve this issue? Thank you!

Hi @charlotte_sch,

Kindly please check one of the followings:

• Ensure that skip logic have not affected the case (as if there is a skip logic that would skip the question, you would probably not go through the select_multiple question.

• Also please check the EXPORT button once to download the latest version of the data-set that is in the server. If you simply download the data-set that has already been downloaded in the past, you may not have the updated data that is seen in the DATA Table and may have the incomplete data.

Please let us know if this was of help!

Hi @charlotte_sch and @Kal_Lam

Facing a similar issue i guess. The condition here is that I have a CSV file attached to the form with a list of names (column name: employeenames)

One of the multiple select questions in the form is to select the names that are present for a seminar. The question choice list_name is employeespresent
name is employeenames
label is employeenames

While filling up the form the names of the employees shows up as intended.

I see that the submission (after syncing) in Kobo Collect shows the selections as made during entry. Under Data >Table>Open - The response can be seen for the Select_Multiple question.

However, when i download it, either as an xlsx or as a CSV file, the corresponding columns is blank without any responses. One column is the Select_Multiple question whereas the other column is the Select_Multiple question with the label (employeenames)

Is there something that is incorrect in the form configuration? How is it that data entry works as intended, but data storage and export doesnt?

Hi @AnirudhPrasadh,

Could you kindly upload your XLS forms so that we would be able to identify your problem better?

That would be helpful @AnirudhPrasadh, could you kindly share those as well.

Hi Please ignore the previous attachment - Realised its the form where we removed multiple select - Links belowAttendance Form - Multiple Select.xls (25.5 KB)
participantdatabase.csv (4.5 KB)
database2.csv (1.4 KB)

Thank you @AnirudhPrasadh, will go through it and come up with a solution.

Hi @AnirudhPrasadh,

Sorry for getting back to you a bit late. I too tried with your form and found that the information you were seeking from the data was present in the Data>Table>Open but could not find it while downloading in the XLS version.

However the good news for you is if you download the data-set through the XLS (legacy) you will see the response captured from the multiple response.

Cheers!

Hi Kal_Lam

Thank you. It does work in XLS (Legacy). We have a plan to transfer the data via the Rest API. Do you think the data will be seen there properly? Or will there be an issue in the API call as well?