Hope you are doing well

we lost our data after it was successfully sent

I using safari browser

other colleagues also tried and accessed the same figure ,

kindly support us

Best
Tirsit

Hi @wb_cjc,

Could you also let us know the tentative data that was lost from your project. I see a total of 25685 submissions in your project so far.

Have a great day!

Thank you for your replay

Its around 940 so far but the work is not over and they are still submitting

Thank you

···

On May 27, 2020, at 5:59 PM, Kal_Lam via KoBoToolbox Community Forum <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> wrote:

| Kal_Lam
May 27 |

• | - |

Hi @wb_cjc,

Could you also let us know the tentative data that was lost from your project. I see a total of 25685 submissions in your project so far.

Have a great day!

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Kal_Lam, wb_cjc.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi @wb_cjc,

How have you identified that these 940 cases are missing from your server?

Have a great day!

Hi ,

We have counted what has been sent from view sent form and export data based on enumerators and summarize.
As I below the guy submitted 578 and in the database its 377.

Just an example is

···

On Thu, 28 May 2020, 8:09 am Kal_Lam via KoBoToolbox Community Forum, <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> wrote:

| Kal_Lam
May 28 |

• | - |

Hi @wb_cjc,

How have you identified that these 940 cases are missing from your server?

Have a great day!

In Reply To

| wb_cjc
May 27 |

• | - |

Thank you for your replay Its around 940 so far but the work is not over and they are still submitting Thank you ··· (click for more details)

Hi @wb_cjc,

Have you ensured that this number was reset? If and incase you had some trail testing or had some survey project earlier and the number was not reset it keeps cumulating.

Have a great day!

No I didn’t rest .are there other option I can check the number?

···

On Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:30 pm Kal_Lam via KoBoToolbox Community Forum, <noreply@community.kobotoolbox.org> wrote:

| Kal_Lam
May 28 |

• | - |

Hi @wb_cjc,

Have you ensured that this number was reset? If and incase you had some trail testing or had some survey project earlier and the number was not reset it keeps cumulating.

Have a great day!

In Reply To

| wb_cjc
May 28 |

• | - |

Hi , We have counted what has been sent from view sent form and export data based on enumerators and summarize. As I below the guy submitted 578 and in the database its 377. Just an example is [IMG-20200527-WA0002.jpg] ··· (click for more details)

Hi @wb_cjc,

So I see that the problem stated from here. If you do not reset the same before starting data collection in the field the number keeps cumulating from the previous record of View Sent Form and you accidentally assume that there should be a total number of … submissions (which you add from the previous survey, which in-fact is a wrong total).

You could reset View Sent Form in the android app (before starting the data collection for every new survey project) as follows:

1. Open KoBoCollect android app.
  2. Open the Admin Settings (this may be on the top right of your screen, the bottom right or a button in the center bottom - depending on your Android version).
  3. Select Reset application.
  4. Check on Saved forms (instances folder, instances database) and then press RESET. You should be able to see Reset results Saved forms::Success.
  5. Then press OK.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Okay, thanks, will do that for future survey. Will check again if this is the case . Will get back if not .

Thanks for your help
Best
Tirsit

1 Like