Data missing problem

Hello,

I have a Kobo Server, installed with the kobo-install, working since some months, but since some weeks, i cant Download the Data from the firsts months, when i export to a XLS, only shows a few lines, and the web interface, i can see that are more then 30 submissions.

I also tried to go to TABLE > DATA and check for the missing submissions, but i get the error Error: could not load data"

Does anyone can give me some directions.

Thanks

Hi @raven,

Welcome to the community! Seems like you are using your own server to store your data collected through KoBoCollect. In this case we would advise you to contact your server provider (administrator) to support you with downloading your data.

However, thank you for putting your concern!

Hello @Kal_Lam

Thanks for the answer.

In this case, i am the administrator of the server, as i described, installed the Kobo server and now i am facing this problem and i don’t know enough of the tool to fix it.

I know that because is my server installation, i cant have official support from the developers, but i was just hopping that someone have a similar problem and can give some directions.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @raven, there’s a Mongo database that serves as a kind of read-only replica of submissions. Postgres stores the authoritative data. Sometimes Mongo can fall out of sync with Postgres, and KoBoCAT has a Django management command to bring it back in line. Try this:

1. Enter the KoBoCAT container with docker exec -it kobo-docker_kobocat_1 bash
  2. Use this command inside the container to synchronize MongoDB with Postgres:
    root@kobocat:/srv/src/kobocat# ./manage.py sync_mongo --remongo

3. Type exit to leave the container.

Let us know if this fixes your issue.

3 Likes

Hello,

Thanks so much, this solved the problem, i can access all the data now.

2 Likes

Hey @jnm Did you get a permanent solution to the Mongo out of sync issue

Unfortunately, no. I think the permanent solution will be removing MongoDB from the KoBo stack and using PostgreSQL’s JSON features (which likely weren’t available when MongoDB was originally added).

3 Likes

Thanks @jnm will check it out

2 Likes

@stephenoduor
Good morning, did you manage to fix permanently the problem…

I cannot see data in Table mode. I can do that after run root@kobocat:/srv/src/kobocat# ./manage.py sync_mongo --remongo command …

Today i have received the problem (could not load data) every 10 minutes… and not after several days …

Thanks in advance
Panos

A simple edit to line 1 based on the latest update (changed kobo-docker to kobofe): NB: run docker ps from terminal to verify container name

1. Enter the KoBoCAT container with docker exec -it kobofe_kobocat_1 bash
  2. Use this command inside the container to synchronize MongoDB with Postgres:
root@kobocat:/srv/src/kobocat# ./manage.py sync_mongo --remongo
  1. Type exit to leave the container.
2 Likes

Hi sir; I have the same problem, i executed those script but i can not see data, can you please tell me the name of the table which contain those data,

Same issue, after sync, I looking for data comming from validated form
Please any help will be greatly appreciated