Data security with KoBoToolbox servers

Hello-

Can you provide any assistance with any literature (certificates, publishings, studies, etc.) on the below.

Thanks very much!

-Gabriel Feldman

Hi @gabe_feldman_89
Could you please explain in detail what assistance you need. Please note that I have removed your phone number since this is a publicly accessible platform.

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you, Stephane.

We intend to use Kobo for our legal program. There are, obviously, strict requirements by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) related to data protection, confidentiality, and security. Additionally, it’s use or ease of use in the field.

We essentially need to prove why it is appropriate/prudent use Kobo in lieu of another similar program.

Do you have any documentation of Kobo’s:

• Data protection
  • Confidentiality
  • Security
  • Ease of use in the field

Appreciate any assistance here.

-Thank you!

GF

Hi GF,
Thank you for the additional clarifications. Could you please check on the following to see if they address your issues?

https://support.kobotoolbox.org/gdpr.html

I also noted that you needed to prove

Unfortunately, we do not have information that juxtaposes KoBoToolbox and other methods along with your desired parameters. My advice would be you present this not as a comparison but as a checklist of your organization’s data collections and management needs.

Stephane

1 Like

Do you have anything related to confidentiality agreements that your administrators sign? Since it seems that they have unfettered access to most of the data.

1 Like