Data sync from kobo collect

Hello Team

Survey has summitted and showing as sync but data has been not synced ,does kobo collect will check submission ,if it not available will it resync

Kindly assist how to resync submitted data from kobo collect

Are you on a self-hosted server or on a publicly hosted server?

Hello Kal_Lam

Self-hosted server

Have you checked all the configurations from your Collect android app to see if there are any issues? Maybe you will need to check the following:

• Date and time of your device. If there is an issue with the same you may have syncing issues.
  • URL settings.

In addition to this also check out that the project that you have collected data for is still there on the server. If the same is missing you may have issues with syncing your data. Maybe this post discussed previously should also be helpful to investigate your issue:

is there way to resync again for summitted data from kobo collect

@Kal_Lam i have question as well from submitted data can we sync again ?

Are there traces of records in your Collect android app? Once sent, you should not be able to send it again.

If the data is already sent to the server, it could be an issue with your server. Maybe you will have to take a closer look at your server to see if there is anything wrong.

If the data is already sent to the server

please let me know what details needed so that i can share with you

Hello @Kal_Lam

need help ,followed below and i am getting error

Manually Uploading Submissions — KoBoToolbox documentation

https://myurl/super_admin/bulk-submission

{“message”: “Submission complete. Out of 1 survey instances, 0 were imported, (1 were rejected as duplicates, missing forms, etc.)”, “errors”: “1 [’ Survey_2_2021-10-12_15-08-11.xml => Duplicate Instance’]”}

Seems like the data you are trying to upload is already present in the server.

Hello @Kal_Lam

in device it shows as present but not in server ,it is not showing

is there any other way to fix or upload it

odk briefcase it not working with kobo

@Mdkhamru, couold you also share a screenshot of the data that is stored in your Collect android app?

Hello @Kal_Lam

Is this from the Collect android app?

ya and i had shared more info in message to you

OK, maybe try using the ODK Briefcase to extract the data as discussed previously:

ya and tried Briefcase and bulk upload both are not working

@jnm @Kal_Lam

kindly assist

Hello, this is a community support forum. I and other core team members are here primarily to facilitate the the user community helping each other to resolve issues. It looks like you’ve received a significant amount of individual attention from Kalyan; this is beyond the limit of what we can continue doing given that you are not using a server we manage.

I can’t say that I fully understand your issue by reading this thread and your private message. What is happening? Collect says all submissions were uploaded but some submissions are missing? From where is it missing? The table view, XLS exports, the data API? You run your own server: have you looked at the logs? Have you looked at the PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases?

With any luck, perhaps MongoDB is out of sync with PostgreSQL, and this is something you can remedy with a simple command: Data missing problem - #10 by Firstdata.

If not, you’ll need to wait for someone else on this forum to respond or retain qualified personnel to investigate the issue with your server. Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam @jnm

Thanks for your help

1 Like