Default value in the data, not the edited

Hi,

My enumerators will be using google map to locate a specific respondent (each with a participant ID). The respondent’s location is uncertain - as such, there may be multiple GPS coordinates for a single respondent. For example, the enumerator looking for respondent with ID 70007 could find its location on Google Maps by looking for pin 70007-1, 70007-2 or 70007-3. After entering the participant ID, I’d like the respondent to let me know which marker they visited by adding 1, 2 or 3 to a prefilled cell. If I don’t add a 1, 2 or 3 at the end, the survey doesn’t allow me to proceed, as desired (.!=${concat_participant_id} in column constraint). However, I cannot finalize the form, showing me the same question without the 1, 2 or 3 added at the end and requesting me to do so. And when entering ${concat_participant_id} in the default column instead of the calculation, the question is no longer prefilled.

Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Thank you

@logri_zambia2024, we already have some community discussions that should show you how the concat function is used.