Delete Media Files

How can i delete some of the media files which are not required. Because when i download the Media it downloads all the files. Unable to find the option to delete few media files which is not not required. Seen in the Gallery tab but no files are shown.

Welcome back to the community @khasaab! You could do it as follows:

• Go to DATA>Table .
  • Identify the record from where you wish to delete the media files.
  • Then select the pen like edit icon (for that record).
  • You will be able to see the filled up form.
  • Go the the image that you wish to delete. Press the replace icon and then simply save the form without uploading another media.

You are now done. The media files has been deleted from your record.

This seems a very long process for deleting a single file. Suppose if we want to delete 30-40 files in such way then it will be very tedious work. Is there any way around

Maybe you could make a new features request that could support this feature in KoBoToolbox here.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam and @khasaab,

Checking in on this very old post as I find myself in a similar position where I would like to keep uploaded forms and their data but delete the associated media files once they have been downloaded to save space and so that the download does not get too big (to download). Going through each form and deleting every image within is a non-starter. I do not see that being able to delete just media files is a feature that has been added in the time since this post but thought to check just in case I am not seeing it.

Thanks very much!

Stevan

Welcome back to the community, @srearl! It’s still not possible to delete media in bulk. Maybe you could create a new feature request for the same.

Hello,

I’ve tried to delete images by following the procedure outlined above, however:
1/ the images still appear in the gallery after they have been deleted
2/ the storage of the account is not updated to reflect the fact that the images were deleted
3/ on one of my forms, when I delete the images it does not delete them, and instead it creates duplicates of the submissions that I’ve tried to edit.

Is anyone facing the same issues?

1 Like