Deleted a Project but a Different Project was Deleted by the System

Hi all. New to Kobo so apologies if this is a known issue.

I created a couple of projects to test them, then quickly deleted one of those projects. After I confirmed the deletion, I am pretty sure that the system deleted ANOTHER project. Luckily, it deleted the other test project I had created, which had none of our data in it. If this had happened to one of our live projects it would have been a disaster.

Of course, I can’t be 100% sure that this happened because I can’t safely recreate the issue. But at the time, when the deletion confirmation pop-up appeared, I am sure it was confirming the correct project (i.e. the one I wanted to delete).

If relevant: I also found yesterday that clicking between different projects sometimes caused the system to jump to another (i.e. the wrong) project. This I can be sure of because I could safely repeat the action, and I could see the UID string changing in the URL bar each time.

System: Chrome (desktop), MacOS 12.4 (Monterey)

Welcome to the community, @benbland! Could you kindly explain this in detail so that we can also try to replicate it on our end?

Sure, thanks Kal_Lam.

It looks like you are specifically referring to the second part of my issue, beginning “If relevant:…” I have just tried it again and managed to replicate the problem. I was being stupid. I can see what was happening now. To explain…

I was in one project (call it Project A), then I clicked on another project (Project B) in the sidebar and, very quickly afterwards, clicked on one of the project subsections (E.g. Data) at the top. I expected to be taken to the Data subsection of Project B but instead was taken to the Data subsection of Project A. This looked like an error. In fact, I guess it is just because I was being too quick and the subsections (Summary, Form, Data, Settings) had not had time to reload, they were still pointing to Project A. Make sense?

I can provide a screen recording if that helps? The video includes the URLs. If these are sensitive, I can upload the video to a private location and you can tell me how to contact you.

1 Like

@benbland, we would love that as a backup.

Thanks @Kal_Lam

I’m not sure if I can DM you so here’s a transfer link for the video (expires in one week): WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free