Deleted cases shown in dataset drawn by excel power query

Hi!

I have an excel linkage with KOBO data using excel power query. I have deleted some data from the KOBO data table. But in the excel power query deleted data also showing. How can I resolve this problem in KoboToolbox|?

Regards.

Hi @silasdasgupta,

Welcome to the community! Once you have synced your data to excel power query from the KoBoToolbox server, you will need to refresh the excel file (by clicking at Data>Refresh All) to see the exact data (i.e. the edited data) that is in the KoBoToolbox server.

For details, please see the last paragraph of the support article: Pulling your data into Excel Power Query.

GOOD DAY!

Hi dear Kal Lam:
Thank for your response. I have tried it (refresh all), also created a new excel file but results is same. I am not sure why it is not working.

Regards.

Hi @silasdasgupta,

How many deleted data do you currently see in your Excel file (that is not there in the server)? Also please let us know the server (OCHA or HHI) that you are using.

GOOD DAY!

Hi! @Kal_Lam:
Sorry to bother you again. Now I have checked and found that after entering another data via mobile device the deleted data has gone from the excel sheet. Now my problem is solved.

Thanks you so much to giving me your time.

Have a blessed day.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam

It is the same with my case. I deleted some data from kobo data table and it is remain in excel power query. I clicked refresh all repeatedly, it is not changed. When I pull data to excel query as csv format, it is ok all time. Now I pull the data to excel query with xls format, it does not refresh. If I enter the new record via device, it will be refreshed (remove delete record and add new record). I don’t want to enter new record for deleting current record. Please kindly give solution. Thanks.

Hi @kmno_2020,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind refreshing the following pages:

• KoBoToolbox (with the project file that you are making query to Excel)
  • Excel document that has query

Kindly please let us know (if it worked).

Have a great day!

Hi!

I have also faced same problem, it does not work only refresh excel power query. It does not work until new entry or edit any data. What I usually do, after delete data, I open any record as edit mode then save. I found it work. You can try this.

Have a nice day.

Silas.

4 Likes

Hi @silasdasgupta,

Welcome back to the community! Thank you once again for sharing your workaround with the entire community! It should help a lot of users having the same issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @silasdasgupta

Thanks for your answer. It is more easier to edit data for refreshing instead to add new record. I got the solution from your reply.

1 Like