Deployment error - max function

Dear support,
related to a community discussion, I made a form (XLS) working well in Preview (Enketo),

but the deployment (for KoBoCollect) crashes with the following error.

What to be done?
Kind regards
Wolfgang

Hi
I suspect your issue was with how you separate the questions to be checked for max value
max( ${Q2_1} | ${Q2_2} | ${Q2_3} | ${Q2_4} | ${Q2_5} | ${Q2_6} | ${Q2_7} | ${Q2_8} | ${Q2_9} | ${Q2_10} | ${Q2_11} | ${Q2_12} | ${Q2_13} )

Your separator should be a comma between all the variables included as below

max( ${Q2_1}, ${Q2_2}, ${Q2_3}, ${Q2_4}, ${Q2_5}, ${Q2_6}, ${Q2_7}, ${Q2_8}, ${Q2_9}, ${Q2_10}, ${Q2_11}, ${Q2_12}, ${Q2_13} )

I made the changes as per attached excel and it worked just fine Ranking 02.xlsx (13.9 KB)

Stephane

1 Like

Dear Stephane,
thank you very much, @stephanealoo. Nice, easy solution.

But why is this

1. Different to the spec, with | ?
  1. With “|” working well in Enketo, but error on deployment?

Is this “,” feature documented anywhere? Is this the general form to create (artificial) “nodesets” (where a function uses a nodeset?

Kind regards
Wolfgang

Dear @wroos
Normally when writing out calculate functions in XLS involving multiple questions, the separator that works seamlessly has always been a comma. I suggest you look at our article on advance calculate here and if you can make improvement suggestions

Stephane

1 Like

Dear Stephane,
thanks again.
As I would normally “trust” (& consult) the XLSform spec, it might be helpful to add a hint in the article that there is a difference to this spec ( | ). You might also add max/min as this is even more interesting than sum (which can be done by addition).
Kind regards
Wolfgang

2 Likes