Detecting duplicate information and displaying a warning message

@anilgnydn Can you give an example of what is your intented result and how is your formula not working?

1st beneficiary Information

Name=ANIL
Surname=GÜNAYDIN
Mother’s Name= AYƞE
Father’s Name= HASAN

2nd beneficiary Information

Name=ANIL
Surname=GÜNAYDIN
Mother’s Name= AYƞE
Father’s Name= AHMET

Normally these two beneficiaries are not duplicate because their father’s name are different but there is a previously registered beneficiariy whose father’s name is “AHMET” so my formula think this example as duplicate. I am sharing the information of the people I am trying to register and the people registered in the database, essentially I should not receive a warning message, but I do.

@anilgnydn I see your point. That’s why we use Unique ID’s at the first place :slight_smile:

As a workaround, I think using concat to concatenate all answers first then checking for duplication might work, for concat you can check here: Form Operators and Functions - ODK Docs

2 Likes

Thank you for your support @hakan_cetinkaya much appriciated. Regarding Unique ID, in our cases its a number that is automatically generated when the form is opened so we often face same beneficiary with different ID number.

And finally, here I have good news, the concat function worked properly and it was exactly what I have been looking for until now. Please kindly find attached xls document on “Duplicate beneficiary detection and displaying warning message”.

If Dynamic Data Attachment function works faster one day, the formula will work more efficiently. :slight_smile:
Detecting Duplication With Concat.xlsx (9.6 KB)

2 Likes

@anilgnydn, @hakan_cetinkaya :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

2 Likes

@anilgnydn Fantastic :clap:

2 Likes