Difference in submission time

Hi Support Team,
I want to ask a few things:

• Why is there a difference in the submission time between the web version of the report and the Excel report (there is a difference of approximately 6 hours) and can the submission time in Excel be changed according to the submission on the web?
  • Meanwhile, the start date and end date are the same between the web and Excel reports. I have included the attachment below

And here is another one too …

Thank You…

@fahmi_admin, kindly please be informed that start is a metadata that will capture the local start date and time of the survey from your device collecting the data. Similarly, end is also a metadata that will capture the local end date and time of the survey from your device collecting the data. Similarly, the submission_time is the local time the submission was successfully submitted to the server.

However the thing that you need to keep in mind here is that the end metadata changes if you made edits to your submission in the server. But the start and submission_time remains the same (that was captured when it was first submitted to the server.

Could you, please, provide two screenshot for a case with different submission_time in the table view (server) and in your Excel export? And also the information which time zones are used.

Hi support team,
Thank you for the answer, but I didn’t change anything about pulling report data in Excel including start time, end time and submission time.

Hi support team,
Below I have attached an excel file and web screenshot regarding the start time, end time and submission time. Thank You

Start time & End time

Submission time

@fahmi_admin, maybe to understand what I meant, you will need to try the same in a dummy project making some dummy submissions and checking out the time on how it changes.

You may have a look at the time part of the two values. You can see probably see it in the modal view at server level and edit line in Excel. I think the visible Excel value might be a rounding of the internal datetime value.