Disable submit for on Enketo

Hello folks. Is there a way to disable the submit button on Enketo. I’m no longer collecting data on my disease severity calculator. Thank you all very much for your help.

@fluppy, you can always archive a project if you do not wish to have submissions coming to your project. You should be able to learn more on the same through this support article Archiving and Unarchiving Projects.

Thank you Kal for the quick reply.
I tried archiving the project but the calculator also disappeared from my website. I would like to make the calculator available since it gives the severity score immediately. I was hoping I could just disable the submit button. Thank you again

@fluppy, sorry, it seems like I misunderstood your issue. Did you mean you still wanted to make submissions to the server?

Dear Kal
Sorry I didn’t explain clearly. The PASI calculator is currently embeded in my website and the PASI score is displayed even without clicking on the submit button. This can be seen circled in red in the attached screenshot. I am not collecting data so there is no need for the user to submit the form. Hence, I thought it would be perfect if I could disable the submit button. This is useful for the user who wants to get the score on the fly without logging in or having a kobotoolbox account. Thanks very much for your help.

PASI

@fluppy, did you mean you wish to disable the submit button if the score is not calculated or if the score is calculated?

I would suggest adding a calculate question that is impossible (e.g. 1=2) so that the form can never validate so the submit button never appears

1 Like

@fluppy I think I got it. I’m assuming you are using the html5 code snippet (embeddable web form code in collect data options.) changing the i in the link to preview will embed the view only version. So there will not be a submit button.

Seemed like a very good idea so I tried. Sadly it doesn’t work for some reason. However thank you very much for your help.

You’re right the vierw version appears but it comes with a validate button instead. It’s a stubborn little button. Thank you all very much for your help.

1 Like