Display multiple questions in one screen

Please help, 1.) my xlsform is not showing multiple question on a page on android phone even after grouping them and put field list on appearance field, but appears working on Kobotoolbox online
2.) “I want enu_name, cg_name, al_name, ben_name_inbank” to give names in UPPERCASE + (- and ') - as special character. For Example AKWA-IDARA MOSES AKPAN, GOD’SWILL EDEM ENO-OBONG. and lasty
3) how do I take names in format of (Surname, Firstname, and OtherNames)

I’m only 2 weeks on KOBOtoolbox and exlform. I don’t even know if this is showing to all the community.
Thank so much.
Beneficiaries_Enrolment.xlsx (15.9 KB)
Old_EnumeratedHHs.csv (1.4 KB)

1. I needed multiple question to display in a page, It is not working on my android but appears to be working on online on Kobotoolbox
    2.) Wanted wherever a should inputed, it should be in uppercase otherwise it won’t get to another question. This fails also in my android device.

I am only 2 weeks learning kobotoolbox and xlsform.
Please check my work below and show me were am going wrong.
Thank you
Beneficiaries_Enrolment.xlsx (16.0 KB)
Old_EnumeratedHHs.csv (2.1 KB)

Welcome to the community @mosesakpan! You could do the same as outlined in the post discussed previously:

I have carefully studied at the above post severally and replicate same on my own but still not working. still not working.

@mosesakpan, could you share the portion of your XLSForm with the community? The community should be able to assist you to solve your issue.

Beneficiaries_Enrolment.xlsx (16.8 KB)
Old_EnumeratedHHs.csv (2.1 KB)

@mosesakpan, I checked your XLSForm and then tested the same at my end. I could see the questions grouped as expected:

However, you will need to validate your XLSForm through this online validator to get rid of some syntax issues (seen in the constraints) which I had observed.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Everything is working well except regex(.,’^[A-Z ]{1,50}’) for names is not allowing for the two special characters “-” and “apostrophe '” that some people have in their name. E.g AKWA-IIDARA OR GOD’S WILL.

Hi @mosesakpan,

Changing the regex to regex(.,’^[A-Z-']{1,50}’) will allow you to put - and ' to the names.

Best,

1 Like

Thank you @hakan_cetinkaya so much, unfortunately the above regex is not working

1. A-Z-’ ↩︎

@mosesakpan, you should be able to learn more about regex through our support article Restricting Text Responses With Regular Expressions.

@Kal_Lam, thank you so much for the link. I’ll work on it.

1 Like

Great @mosesakpan! If you still have an issue with the regex, maybe you could create a different topic as this topic is more focused on visualizing questions in a group on a single screen. Ideally, it’s good to have one topic that discusses an issue. This should make the forum systematic and easy for the community to make the search for relevant issues.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance!

@Kal_Lam Thank you. The idea is good for people that might need help in the future to reference by topic.