Displaying a required list of dynamic choices (in a select multiple question) based on the number of text response used within a repeat group

Hello team,

I am struggling filtering the number of items in repeat field after listing them using index repeat.

Attached is the form.

The questions of interest is C3a, name and C4a. TVET Census V4.xlsx (45.6 KB)

Hi
Could you please provide more information with screenshot of what you had envisioned and what you are seeing.

Stephane

I want

Hello Stephanie , I want to filter out the answer options which have not been filled. For this case, i want to filled from answer option 4 to the last.

Hi,
This is still not so clear. Could you please explain yourself in detail?

Stephane

Hello @stephanealoo, thanks for your response again

I have the first question which asks about the total number of courses which are offered. Then we state the courses we have in a repeat field. After this , the name of course are listed using index-repeat.

Now , where the courses are being listed , i have 215 responses but not all interviews are going to have 215 responses and that’s why i want the unused responses in the index repeat , to be filtered out. In the screenshot i shared earlier, the number of courses listed in c4a is 3, which means that the number of courses of courses is three.

For my case in the screenshot, i want option 4 to the last one, to not be visible. The number of courses listed will be changing based on the number of courses.

Hi @smbai,

Maybe you could try it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

In the settings tab of your xlsform:

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Note: Here the labels are not shown. This should be a bug in Enketo. However if you try the same in KoBoCollect android app it works smoothly and you are too able to see the label.

Data entry screen as seen in KoBoCollect android app:

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 3:

Screenshot 4:

Screenshot 5:

Screenshot 6:

Reference xlsform:

TVET Census V4_R.xlsx (20.3 KB)

2 Likes

The system deploys the form but when I test on mobile app, app closes at question of populating list. And on web (by using PC), only first person is listed.
Any thing to consider please?

@misganuendrias, yes this is only possible with the Collect android app at the moment.

@Kal_Lam

Any news on this, please.
Is there a GitHub bug link?