Download csv from queue

Is it possible to download a csv file from the queue? I’d like to use web forms from browser without internet connectivity and can’t figure out how to download the data without accessing kobotoolbox server online. Currently the only format I can download results in a json and an xml file, neither of which I can make much sense of.

Welcome to the community, @mdschuster! Maybe you could then convert your data from JSON to CSV or XML to CSV using some online converter tools.

1 Like

Thanks for answering @Kal_Lam , I should have been a bit more clear in my question. I am able to open up both the JSON and the XML file through the get data function in MS Excel, which I’ve used previously to query the app URL to download data after it’s submitted. This worked quite well. However, when I try to intercept the data from the download function in the data queue both the JSON and the XML file seem to contain no data. Below is a screen shot of the data available to me in the JSON

and the text from the XML

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

06a42437bc3e4bb2921109141c899208

<eventdata_001>

T06

2023-02-21

</eventdata_001>

<speciesdata_001>

<species_code/>

</speciesdata_001>

<basketdata_001>

</basketdata_001>

<sampledata_001>

</sampledata_001>

<version>vVnxbXW9NKmMZuVAdAcHHG</version>

uuid:48993143-0ac8-4808-8b32-56976dab5967

I’ve also tried loading the XML file into R, and the same thing happens. Only the fields that have been pre-loaded through the ‘default’ function on the web form appear to have any data. However, if the data is download from kobotoolbox server all fields have data in them. Is there perhaps a way that the JSON and XML files are combined, revealing the submitted data? Downloading data offline is critical to the collection system we are trying to implement, as we’ll be at sea with no internet access.