Download Failed mesage

Would you mind following the discussion that has been discussed previously? It should help you solve your issue:

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam i will read this :wink:

1 Like

Good afternoon, Kal. I have tried every solution provided by Josh and failed the same way @ahmaddiab did. I have an issue understanding the coding for downloading the images from the XLS file. I typed both my username and image cell reference into the code and the following message appears: Err: 501. Could you clarify how to type in the information into the code? I have over 3200 images that could go to waste. Perhaps there is an issue with the parenthesis in the formula. I would appreciate a fast response.
Best
Germán Gil

this is the problem I am facing when downloading the ZIP file. Any advice?

Any advive please? laij U2…we still haven’t found what we’re looking for

@Paspol, would you mind filtering and downloading your media files to see if you are able to download them as discussed in the previous post:

142 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

Is 74 columns with 3600 rows too much data to process? Not all cells have photos, in total there are approximately 47200

imagen
this is part of the HTML file…maybe the server name is wrong?

Hi @Paspol, it looks like you combined the server name and image name incorrectly as it should be something like .../attchments/<your file name> and not .../attchments/A2. However I would recommend rather using the approached linked above.

1 Like

Hi @Paspol, unfortunately this can happen if there are many image files and the download times out and fails.

1 Like

Hi @Josh
Dear, please clarify, I have used what is on the community page …Downloading Photos and Other Media — KoboToolbox documentation

Dear @Josh If the syntax is fine, you could try downloading batches of files…
maybe it´s wrong https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/attachment/original?media_file=ciudad_accesible_im/attachments/A39

Hi @Paspol, I manage to get your export to succeed but unfortunately it will fail if you try again as I had to run it from the server.

Hi @Paspol, rather than using the Excel method, please follow the steps discussed here.

You just need to navigate to the URL of https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/api/v2/assets/<your asset uid>/data and from there open up DownThemAll.

Here’s a quick guide:

1 Like

thanks, we tried that method, I understand that the files are safe. Otherwise could you share them in the cloud for us to download if possible?

Hi @Paspol you should be able to download them now from your account.

1 Like

Dear, we discovered that Excel functions vary according to the language and version, there was a syntax problem that gave an error due to an inappropriate character, in turn a collaborator analyzing the formula and that our photo columns had empty cells added a function SI (IF) to that the empty cells are not filled (Otherwise it was going to be all full of links that were going to redirect anywhere). Now the links work perfect !!! Tomorrow we will try downloading with down then all. Thanks a lot for being there. @Josh @Kal_Lam :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

this is te sentence that work for this proyect
=SI(ESBLANCO(A2);"";HIPERVINCULO(CONCATENAR(“https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/attachment/original?media_file=USERNAME/attachments/”;A2)))

2 Likes

Excelente @Josh gracias

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the formula with the entire community, @Paspol!

Hi @Paspol, I’m glad you managed to get this sorted! Fortunately these download links will be included in the export soon so you won’t have to do this manually for long:

1 Like