Downloading new XML values from all deployed forms

In our originally deployed version(s) of our form, we incorrectly used text based XML values and headers. We revised this and input number based XML values for easy download and to avoid data cleaning. Data collected since deploying the the revised form correctly captures the number based XML values, but is not applying the number based XML values to the old data collected from the original version. How can we download all data collected with the current numeric XML values?

Welcome to the community, @koeglere! Could you kindly share the screenshot of the same that backs us the issue you are having?

@koeglere, would you mind sharing with us the following through a private message (so that we could have a closer look at it):

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

My preliminary findings: If you download your data with these settings you will be able to download all your data with labels.

Besides, I also see multiple deployments with questions added in the latter phase.

Yes, we deployed multiple times after some minor and some larger edits. I am looking to more easily transfer data to SAS, so selecting “XML values and headers” under “values and header format” brings me closer to doing so with the newer data at least. I was hoping there was a way to apply the updated numeric XML values to the old data for download.

If this is the case, maybe you could download your data as XLS (legacy) format. That too should solve your issue to load data to other statistical applications.

I just downloaded using XLS (legacy). It gives a warning, “This export format will not be supported in the future. Please consider using one of the other export types available.” It is still doing the same as with XLS, where the original data with text XML values are still downloading text and the updated data with numerical XML values downloads numeric data. I think there just isn’t an in application solution for this. We messed up by originally using text XML values and have to hand code to have numeric values on the original data.

@koeglere, kindly please be informed that KoBoToolbox will make an alternative for this feature (XLS Legacy) soon but till then you should be able to use the feature without any issue. Besides, we will update you through our community when we have another feature that replaces this feature.