Duplicate entry in text field

hello please i which to know the fonction i can use to prevent duplication in a text field once a data is entered such a way data entry is done once.

have created a pull data option and i which the id cannot be entered more than one time

thanks

@pavlov, could you provide more details on this?

yes kal_lam i have previously collected data in the field with kobo for househould and ID household was auto generated. now i wish to do a second collection in which this question may permit to auto generate data from the pevious collection according to different localities after you must have entered the ID code . i wish that once an ID code have been entered in a previous questionnaire the next should not permit the entery of the same ID so as to prevent duplicates. please have you understood this?

@pavlov, this is what I understood from your post. Correct me if I misunderstood you. So you have a survey project. You are collecting data in the field. You have already collected data for id 1, 2, 3, etc. Now you do not wish your team to collect the data for id 1, 2, and 3 that have already been submitted to the server. Did I get it correctly?

How can we do this? if i have concate the unique id with the area and number. Eg:
entry for area: A and B area, and hh entry number. unique id is A-1 or B-1. in this case how can we make user that there is no duplicate entry of the same unique id

@pavlov, @bishwashm, you could do this by using our dynamic data attachment feature. This post discussed previously should help you solve this issue:

When I try to deploy and open this Beneficiary Name Check file provided by you without any change. I get this error message

@bishwashm, did you follow all the steps outlined in the support article? If you miss any step, the form will not work as expected.