Duplicate value appears in reports graph

Description

One of the graphs built from an automated report in my dashboard has a duplicate entry for one of the values. The value “walk-in” appears twice in the report graph, although the value only appears once in the form.

I downloaded the data and checked the values that appear as “walk-in” under that entry to see if maybe there was a slight difference (e.g. if there was a trailing empty space or something like that) but that didn’t lead me anywhere.

This bug appears on every account’s dashboard on various machines and different browsers.

I can only assume this is a bug which is why it’s being posted in this category.

Steps to Reproduce

I don’t know how anyone can reproduce this because it happens on the form’s dashboard.

Expected behavior

I expect there to only be 3 values for Contact Method (phone, walk-in, email) in the graph that shows up in the automated report.

Actual behavior

There are 4 values (phone, walk-in, walk-in, email).

Additional details

Hi @justinsnow,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind checking the label provided to this variable in your form-builder? I assume you have wrongly typed in Walk-in twice.

Hi. I wasn’t able to post two photos because I’m a first time poster. I mentioned that the form builder only has the 3 values, Walk-in doesn’t appear two times in the form builder.

Hi @justinsnow,

Interesting! Would you mind sharing your charts again.

Hi @Kal_Lam, I can’t figure out how to share my data/charts. The data is set to be publicly available, but I’m not sure how to link you to it. Can you describe how to do that?

Hi. I can verify that this issue is also occurring in a report graph data table for my project as well.
In my case, the duplicate item doesn’t appear in the graph, it only appears in the associated data table.

Hi @ashifreeshma,

Would it be possible for you to share your link to the project so that we could have a look and report the same to the developer team accordingly. Would also appreciate if you could share a screen-shot of the same as a reference.

Hi @Kal_Lam, I just wanted to bump this. I’m still not sure how to share my charts with you. If that would help figure out the problem, I’m happy to share.

1 Like

Hi @justinsnow,

Let me make some corrections. Finally observed a design (survey form) error rather then the system error seeing the graph with repeated values Walk-in . The problem in the graph was due to typing the label name ( Walk-in ) instead of the value name ( walk-in ) in the default column. Correct it by typing the value name ( walk-in ) in the default column and you should not see the error again (while designing your forms in the future).