Easily view on the home page when a form is shared

Hi there !

When you shared a project with another user it’s not very obvious in the home forms page (https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/#/forms) you have a column “share by” but you can not see if this project is shared with someone.
To know, you need to go in the settings of an individual project,

I am using KOBO Humanitarian response & ODK Collect v1.22.4.

I think it could be useful to have an easily view when you have a form that is shared with somebody on the home page. In term of data protection, it will permit to be aware of who have access to data. It can be a good reminder if someone has the rights when he should not. Also, it could save time by being uncertain if the form is shared or not and redo the process of sharing.

This feature may have different aspects:

• add a column “shared with” on the home page
  • a logo/icon on the home page next to a project

Thanks to think about it
Chloé :slight_smile:

Hi @chloelaborde,

Thank you for making this wonderful features request. Kindly please be informed that users should be able to see the user who has shared the project with him/her through his/her project dashboard as shown in the image below:

Expecting, wonderful and creative features request in the upcoming days as well.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam ! Thank you for your answer, Nevertheless maybe I was not clear because it’s not what I suggested. In fact, the column “share by” was already here. What I was talking about is having a column “share with”, the goal is for project’s owners to see easily with who they shared forms.

Have a good week-end,
Chloé

1 Like

Welcome back to the community @chloelaborde! Would you mind sharing with us a dummy of how it looks like. This would be more helpful for us to document your wonderful suggestion.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

No problem. This idea would be :

Let’s share a form with someone :

For the moment, it appears like that :
You have no clue this form is sharing with someone

By example, adding an extra-column “share with”, will easily give a good reminder to users about sharing permissions :

Chloé

1 Like

This is now clear. Will document the same accordingly. Thank you!

1 Like