Edit a big chunk of data - Data Consistency

Dear all,

I am trying to edit my dataset with more than 10,000 submissions. One of my questions ask a name of country and the responses are different for countries like the US. For instance, I have ‘US’, ‘us’, ‘U.S’, ‘The US’, ‘United States’, ‘The United States of America’…
Is there a way to fix this without having to edit each submission manually? Can we do it through a Python , SQL scripts , or API?

Thank you so much in advance

Hi @randriar,

You could edit a submission as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I’ll try it.

Related questions: It takes too long to update thousands of submissions, is there a quicker way to do it by accessing the database directly? For instance via SQL or any other database management tool.

Thank you again.

Have you nice week ahead!

1 Like

Hi @randriar,

Maybe you could use the same api link and see if it works with the SQL?

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @randriar
What duration of time are you seeing and for what specific number of entries? Sometimes, the duration is definitely understandable given the amount of data.

Stephane

I have multiple forms with ~10,000 submissions each. I was wondering if there is another way to access the data and make bulk editing.
It seems like REST API is the (may be?) only way to do it, but that would require my scripts to 1) identify the uuid of the submissions I want to edit OR 2) delete everything, fix the issue and re-upload all of the them back.

Thanks

Hi @randriar
As you may have noticed, this is the only way that would do this for you. All the best on this

Stephane

1 Like

There is a suggestion box with a feature request where users should be able to edit the response of a variable from several records simultaneously:

Maybe you could VOTE this features request if you wish to see this in the upcoming days!

1 Like