Editing a submission, error data server 400

Hi Kobo Team. This community is great.

I got this project created back in year 2020 and with several forms deployed in the recent years. We are using Kobo in a private server, kf.kobotoolbox.org . All submissions were submitted via web. I need to correct some specific data, but when editing my submissions and clicking send, it appears an error.

Nonetheless, this only happens in a specific form, because I have been able to edit submissions from other forms, in the same project in the same server, successfully. I’m using the account owner of the forms that I’m working on.

I would really appreciate your guidance to complete this editing tasks.

Error image

(it reads like this: the data server does not accept data. Please contact the survey administrator (400).

PD. please if you think it may be a server configuration issue, please let me know what settings I should look for.

Hi @acj, Welcome to community!

I usually face this error when there the _uuid the of the edited form is duplicating, so can you check if the form you would like to edit has a duplicated _uuid? and also does your data imported to Kobo?

1 Like

Hi!

You are totally correct, the _uuid is duplicated in the submissions with this error. I just looked for submissions with an unique _uuid and it worked fine.

The _id are different, the submitted data are different, but the _uuid is duplicated. Not all the submissions have the same _uuid.

In regard to your second question, most of the submissions were input one by one, but there are 30% that were imported by a python script.

Is it possible to change the _uuid in the kobo database? or to de-duplicate them at all?
Thank you again

There is two main _uuid duplication reason i am able to find, 1- if you open few forms back to back like multiple clicking, then there is a high possibility of duplication. 2- if you using the web form, and you click the load button after re-opening the form, it also causing the duplication time to time. Also you might forgot to change the _uuid of each form in python script so all of them could have the same uuid.

Regarding to solution, only solution is deleting the of the duplicated forms and re-enter them so they can have a new uuid. There is no other solution as far as i know

1 Like

@osmanburcu, :bowing_man:

Thank you for your guidance @osmanburcu

1 Like