Editing responses from repeat group questions is not possible yet

Dear all,

It seems that there was an update in our Kobo Tool and since that, there are some data that we cannot edit. The following message appears “Editing responses from repeat group questions is not possible yet”.

Is the problem being solved at Kobo level? Or is the issue coming from our settings? I couldn’t find anything.

Many thanks
Ingrid, ASF France

Welcome to the community, @ASFFrance! Could you also let us know the server you are using? It would also be helpful if you could share with us a screenshot of the error message itself.

Many thanks for your quick answer.

I am sorry but I do not have technical knowledge at all so I do not know where I can find the server we are using.

@ASFFrance, have you gone through our support article Editing or Deleting a Single Submission? It should help you edit your submissions.

@Kal_Lam, this is what we usually do and it works perfectly. But it seems that there has been recently an update, and now when we want to edit a single submission, the message I shared with you earlier in showing. We can edit other sections, but not follow-up ones (as shown in the screenshot, as well as some of the personal information sections).

OK, could you share with me the following (through a private message) so that we could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (please share with me the login link if you are not able to provide the server you are using, we shall be able to identify the server for you)

Dear Kal-Lam, thank you for the response and sorry for the late reply.
Can you please send me a private message so I can be sure I am replying to you in the correct space? I am sorry about this, it is just that the data I am working with is very sensitive and I need to be sure before sharing our log-in details. many thanks for your help. .

1 Like

Sorry, I checked both our public servers (OCHA and HHI) but I could not find your username.

That is strange. Is there another way of checking?

You could simply provide me the login URL. I would be able to know the server you are using.

Can you try this? https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/#/forms/azbRP3WPmQesU6GvPCEDtH/data/table

It seems like you are using the OCHA server.

Ok! Do you know if the server has recently updated and changed format? We now no longer have the option to simply view a case file, or view a single submission.

My issue is the same as this one Unable to view submissions - #4 by fmi

But I see these options only so I cant follow the advice you gave the other person. We are missing the ‘eye’ icon

OK, I got your issue. Maybe you could solve it out as discussed in our previous post:

1 Like