Editing sureys: Error loading survey: cascading choices can only reference one choice list

Hi there,

I am very new to Kobo and have taken over managing a survey from a person who has since left. I want to edit a survey but receive this error message: Error loading survey: cascading choices can only reference one choice list.

In order to not mess with the existing, already deployed survey, I created a clone. The same message appears there. I have already read through your numerous user posts who have the same problem but I can’t really find a solution. This is probably also due to the fact that I am an inexperienced KOBO user.

I would very much appreciate your help with this as we are on a tight schedule to get this updated version up an running.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nik

Welcome to the community @Nicole12! Would you mind sharing your xlsform with the community? The community would be happy to test it for you.

Thanks for your swift reply, much appreciated! When I try and upload, it says “sorry, new users can’t upload files”. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Would you first mind refreshing your page?

TL survey.xls.xlsx (127.1 KB)

That worked :slight_smile:

Hi @Nicole12,

It seems that you have a lot of choices in your xlsfrom which is killing the performance of survey project. Would you mind managing them through select_one_from_file. Doing so would help better perform your survey project.

Maybe you could follow the workaround that has been discussed previously:

Or, maybe if you want to stick with your previous format, would you mind reducing the choices that you currently have with the cascading select and see. It should not have an issue.

Also please be informed that if you wish to follow the method that i have outlined, there are some issues you should be aware of which you will find in the post discussed here:

1 Like