Editting imported data

@Kal_Lam,

Hope all is well. I imported data from excel.

1. Is it possible to edit it from the table view of submissions? It does not seem to work.
  2. Is it possible to import data using different submitted_by or usernames for kobo?

Thanks

@mcherbert, regarding your queries:

Yes, it should be possible to edit the submissions from the DATA>Table. If you are having issues, please let us know how you imported your data. Additionally, please also share with us a screenshot of what you see when you try to edit your submissions.

Could you provide more details on this?

I need to import data for different partners that submitted it as it is in excel but i needed to use the username for each partner to import that data. Say partner x with username test1, i import their data with their username and partner y with username test2, import their data using test2 username

The error on edit of imported data is There was an error loading Enketo

Hello, there!

Can you explain how did you import the data from excel to kobo?

Thanks.

I used the POSTMAN for import data. I aligned the fields to one that was asking and then integrated data.

Thats all i did plus making use of the token.

Best regards,

Hi, You can find the brief explanation here,

I imported well but the data is not in editable format or you can’t view.

The issue is editing imported data

Oh, thanks a lot for your time! You also included a video! Excellent. I will try you method. Thank you!

Hello, @mcherbert , thaks for your response. I will try it. I think Kobotoolbox will need to implement a native tool for this. It is very important for users the capability to upload and modify local (or old) data in a new survey.

Thaks!

I just saw this comment. I can suggest you use the partner’s token to import the data. I can share an example with you. While importing, I didn’t import any data regarding the submitted by. Those are continuous submissions done by my partners to my account by using my Token