Error editing submissions in kobotoolbox

Hi…
I have data in a kobotoolbox server. I am trying to edit the edit from 2022 to 2023.
When I try editing multiple submissions, lets say 30 submissions, 20 submissions go through while 10 fail as i get an error pop-up “Failed to update some submission values”.
When I try to edit the failed submissions, I get this error Unknown submission problem on data server (405).

Kindly assist

Thanks

Is the project archived? We disable the regular “edit” button when a project is archived (because data cannot be edited while the project is in that state), but we (mistakenly) do not disable the bulk edit feature.

Update: I’ve opened an issue to disable bulk editing when a project is archived. Bulk edit should be disabled when a project is archived · Issue #4218 · kobotoolbox/kpi · GitHub

2 Likes

No the project is not archived

I am able to edit some submissions, however in some situations, I am getting the following error.

Ah, okay. You are editing the submissions one by one.

Which server is this? kf.kobotoolbox.org, kobo.humanitarianresponse.info, or something else?

1 Like

The server is https://kf.kobotoolbox.org.

First I try to edit multiple submissions using the guideliness given in this article (Editing Responses in Multiple Submissions — KoboToolbox documentation), some submissions are able to edit but others fail with a popup error shown below.

This error message suggests there may be an issue with the server when attempting to update the submissions. Some possible causes for this error include:

• Server connectivity: Ensure the server you’re trying to access is online and reachable from your location.
  • Permission issue: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to edit the submissions.
  • Server configuration: The server may have certain configurations in place that prevent certain submissions from being edited.
  • Data validation: Check if the data you’re trying to submit meets the requirements for the specific form or survey.

If you continue to face this issue, you may want to contact the support team for the kobotoolbox server for further assistance.

Please i’m having the same problem here too.
When i edit my data, it can’t be submitted
It keeps appearing error