Error export datatset to XLS

Hi,
I’m facing an exporting failure when I’m trying to export my dataset to XLS when box to include all deployed versions is checked. If the box is unchecked, the error doesn’t occur, but part of data is missing.

Hi @modelpredufba,

Welcome to the community! You should generally face this issue if you have some multiple deployments with some modifications made in the latter deployments (which affects the data structure) when compared to the previous deployment.

As an alternative, try downloading your data with the xls (legacy) format and you should be able to download them.

Have a great day!

Thank you very much for your answer @Kal_Lam.

I’ve tried dowloading with xls legacy or csv legacy. However, with these options some data are missing. After detecting the problem, I created a new formulary to data collection, but I need to “rescue” data previously collected by the old formulary. There is any alternative to get them?

Hi @modelpredufba
Could you please provide more information on what is exactly missing. Provide some screenshots of the same so that we can understand the nature of what is missing.

Please remember to indicate what exactly is missing and if there is a trend:

1. Is the whole row of data missing or some part of row the data?
  2. Are the missing ones specific to a particular date or time?
  3. Are the missing ones specific to user or they are spread across different users?
  4. Which server are you located on?
  5. Is this the first time you have encountered an issue with missing entries as such?
  6. Any additional information?

Stephane

2 Likes

Hi @stephanealoo
The missing data is from a particular group on the form, all data from that group is missing. This occurred after a modification in the form, but only the data for that group disappeared.

Hi @modelpredufba,

In this case, would you mind having a look at our support article Recovering Data From Previous Form Versions. It should solve your issue.

But at the same time kindly please be informed that with this workaround you should be able to extract only what was submitted to the server. Your edits may have restricted the entry to some variables and the values for the same could have missed with the latter deployments.

Have a great day!

Thanks for your answer @Kal_Lam
When the box to include all deployed versions is unchecked, we lose data collected in previous versions. Is there any way to retrieve this data collected in previously deployed versions?

Hi,
The way to get data from all previous deployed versions is to select the box that you actually left unselected.

The reason why they are dropped is always that the question structure may have been changed which renders them not matched to the existing structure.

Stephane

1 Like

Thanks @stephanealoo
But I am having an export failure when trying to export my dataset to XLS when the box to include all deployed versions is checked. When the box is checked, data export fails. If the box is unchecked, the error does not occur, but part of the data is missing. Is there any way to retrieve this data collected in previously deployed versions?

Hi,
Can you send me your account name on a private message I look at it?

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Hi @modelpredufba,

Would you mind downloading your dataset in xls(legacy) version and see if you are able to download them. With the xls(legacy) version you should generally be able to download them.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam
Yes, I can download in xls (legacy), but some data is missing.
The data disappears when I download in xls (legacy), csv (legacy) and when the box to include all deployed versions is unchecked. When the box is checked, export fails.
After detecting this error I created a new form, but I need the data collected previously. There is any alternative to get them?

Thank you. Have a nice day!

Hi @modelpredufba,

Would you mind sharing with us (through a private message) the following information so that we could have a closer look at your case …

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (OCHA or HHI)

Have a great day!

1 Like