Error: Generic Exception: Improperly formatted XML (KoboCollect Android App - offline data collection)

Issue: Field team unable to sync the data to the main server. Kindly assist regarding why this error is coming and how to resolve this situation. I have attached three photos for better clarity of the situation. I would humbly request you to consider this issue urgent. Thank you @Kal_Lam

@apulikkal, could you also let us know the server you are using?

non-humanitarian server. @Kal_Lam

1 Like

@apulikkal, is it an issue with a single device, or is it an issue with multiple devices?

We had a similar issue a week ago, and It was caused by third party keyboard (a.i. free type) because bold style was applied to the font .
And we solved the issue by opening the xml in notepad and deleting the extra characters in the relevant answers.
Try to open the xml in chrome and it will display an error with the characters causing it.

1 Like

Welcome back to the community, @galrajeh! Thank you for sharing this with the entire community! :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Hi, Did you use this solution? Did-it give you satisfaction? How to procceed it? [quote=“galrajeh, post:5, topic:33232, full:true”]
We had a similar issue a week ago, and It was caused by third party keyboard (a.i. free type) because bold style was applied to the font .
And we solved the issue by opening the xml in notepad and deleting the extra characters in the relevant answers.
Try to open the xml in chrome and it will display an error with the characters causing it.
[/quote]