Error in deploying form 'py77y52'

Hi all, i have problem when I’m trying to deploy my form i got this error message :
The name column for the ‘py77y52’ choice list contains these duplicates: ‘_’. Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them. If this is intentional, you can set the allow_choice_duplicates setting to ‘yes’. Learn more: XLSForm.org.

can advice on this please
Najwa

Welcome @Najwa3F,
did you read the (blue) link, given in the error message.

Hint: You can always use the Online Validator ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x to check your form during development. And often the search function of the forum (and the Help Center) can provide help, e.g. Search results for 'allow_choice_duplicates' - KoboToolbox Community Forum.

@Kal_Lam : There seems to be no hint in the Help Center articles for this. Might be preferable to add?

1 Like

@Najwa3F, you should be able to learn more about the duplicate choices from this post discussed previously:

Also, as advised by @wroos, you should be able to validate your XLSForm with the online validator to identify syntax issues (duplicate choices in your case) within your form.

@wroos, yes, we also have a plan to document an article on this so that the user is able to learn more about this issue.

2 Likes