Error Message "pop from empty list"

Hi everyone, I’ve finalized and uploaded a survey and when I go to view the draft, I receive an error message “pop from empty list.” I have never received this before and am unsure how to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Hi @cmarin
Welcome to the community forum.
One likelihood is that you have provided for a list in either a select_one or select_multiple question and no list provided in the choices sheet. I suggest you have a look at your form and then see if this is the case. If not, kindly send us the XLS version of the form and we will look at it.

Stephane

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane, thanks for the prompt response. I ultimately went line by line in the form and it seemed there were reference links that were incomplete which was causing the problem. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi
seems an unmatched “end group” at the end of a form can also cause this “pop from empty list” error message.

I have just spent the best part of an hour trying to find a problem with lists and select_one questions when the problem turned out to be an “end group” well down the page I’d failed to delete - I’d used another form to start a new one and missed one line when clearing the information I didn’t need.

hopefully saves someone else some pain!

4 Likes

@the_barn8 :clap: :heart:

Thank you, just what I needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I encountered a similar problem. I followed your advice, and it really worked.

1 Like