Error message seen when deploying a survey project

Hi,

I have started to create a form on your platform.
I would like to visualize it, but there is a little technical problem (Parameters must include randomize=true to use a seed).

Thank you and have a nice day,

Hi @Zico27,

Welcome to the community! Have you gone through our post that has been discussed previously (it should solve your issue):

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I went through the different questions on my form and I don’t see where I can make the correction you suggest (imply set randomize to true in the parameters column of the XLSForm survey sheet).
Can you be more explicit and locate me on my form directly?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,

Hi @Zico27,

Could you share your xlsform with the community! It would be easy for the community to identify your issue if you do the same.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal_lam,
Thanks for your response. I would to take this part of my Form.

Refer to my downloaded document.

I was able to make the correction you suggested in order to be able to view my form. Now the issues encountered are:
I would like to save the form in its raw state and upload it to the field for interviews. How do I save the form without completing it?
Also, for the first column of my first table, when I enter the name and first name of the head of the household, the Kobo interface tells me that there is an error. What can this error be due to? Thank you
Finally, how to use questionnaires recorded on Kobo outside internet connections?

Thank you and a nice day.

Regards,

Hi @Zico27,

Could you kindly expalin the following so that we are able to support you if it’s doable in KoBoToolbox.

Looking at the attached image i guess this is something you wish to design your repeat_group questions. You could have a look at our support article Grouping Questions and Repeating Groups.

Regarding your other concern:

Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue that you had previously.

Regarding the final concern:

Could you kindly explain it in a simple form so that we are able to understand and support you as needed.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
I don’t plan to enter my file in Kobo, but to enter the information manually.
For your first query, I take the first table as my first questionnaire form to enter in KoboToolbox.
The first row of the table contains the different questions of my form. And the second row, the possible answers to each question in the same column.
More specifically, for the third column of the table, the question relates to the gender of the head of the family. And the possible answers are: male or female. For other columns, we have a lot more choices in the answers. The second table will correspond to the second form.
For your second request, after viewing my form in Kobo, the saved after filling, I would like to know how to find my unanswered forms for interviewing populations in the field. How, once in the field, find these forms in their raw state to collect information

Regarding the Adding Cascading Select Questions, Thank you for your quick answers.
I’m not too familiar with excels files. Can we use an elaborate table in Word?
Also, can you explain to me more column D of your Excel table, its use and how to fill in the different fields in this column?

Hi Kal_Lam,

Regarding the Adding Cascading Select Questions, Thank you for your quick answers.
I’m not too familiar with excel files. Can we use an elaborate table in Word?
Also, can you explain to me more column D of your Excel table, its use and how to fill in the different fields in this column?

Thank you.

ALSO,
I don’t plan to enter my file in Kobo, but to enter the information manually.
For your first query, I take the first table as my first questionnaire form to enter in KoboToolbox.
The first row of the table contains the different questions of my form. And the second row, the possible answers to each question in the same column.
More specifically, for the third column of the table, the question relates to the gender of the head of the family. And the possible answers are: male or female. For other columns, we have a lot more choices for the answers. The second table will correspond to the second form.
For your second request, after viewing my form in Kobo, saved after filling, I would like to know how to find my unanswered forms for interviewing populations in the field. How, once in the field, find these forms in their raw state to collect information.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Thank you and good day.

Hi @Zico27,

Sorry i could not understand the column D you are referring to. Could you kindly please share with me a screenshot of the same so that i better understand it.

Have a great day!

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Please refer to the document attached to this email.
Also, when will I be able to get clarifications regarding my recent Forum posts?

Regards,

Cascading Select Example Form (1).xlsx (11.1 KB)

Hi @Zico27,

You could simply fix it as outline in the image below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

In the settings tab of your xlsform:

Image 3

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

Cascading Select Example Form (1).xlsx (12.7 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like