Error message uploading finalized form

OK, as a quick cross check would you mind uploading this xlsform as a new survey project (with a different name) and then add some dummy projects and then try collecting and uploading the submissions from your device (that had this issue) to the server to see if should work now? Let us know what happens.

HI!
we have done the test on 3 tablets and the dummy submissions were uploaded successfull y!

How many submissions are there in your Collect android app that are stuck?

Looking at the tablets it looks like we are currently missing 17 submissions.
But when we tried to do the manual upload (that didnā€™t work anyway) in the ā€œinstancesā€ folder there were much moreā€¦But we donā€™t know (and we ask you) if the ā€œinstancesā€ folder acutally contains only the stuck submissions or all submissions

What is the number that you see in Edit Saved Form, Send Finalized Form and View Sent Form?

In total on the 6 tablets:
Edit saved form: 17 + 7 other records
Send finalized form: 17
View sent form: 337

1 Like

OK. Would you also mind sharing with us the screenshot of the Collect android app for the same?

1 Like

The instances contain all the submissions

When you look at the forms which are finalized and not submitted within the device as you have shown,

1. Are they editable on specific devices?
  2. Do they have any videos or pictures that could be large in size?

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,
thank you for the information about the instances.
To your 2nd question: no, they do not contain any media file.
I didnā€™t get the first question, though. Can you explain it?
Thank you
Margherita

Hi @mealcoopi
I meant when you open them to edit on the device that collected them, are they editable.

Stephane

1 Like

@mealcoopi, would you mind doing the following:

• Click/press Edit Saved Form
  • Once you are able to open the submission check to see if the submissions have any mandatory questions that are not filled. Generally, if there are mandatory questions not filled, your submissions should not get synced with the server while sending the filled-up form.
  • When you have ensured that the submissions are filled up also ensure that you check the Mark form as finalized before pressing Save Form and Exit.
  • Now try submitting the filled-up forms. You should be able to submit them to the server.

Note: You may have to repeat this process until you completely edit all the Saved Forms from your KoBoCollect android app.

@mealcoopi
Can you confirm if the above trail helped you resolve your problem?

Stephane

Hi Stephane!
Iā€™m waiting for my colleagues to test what suggested, Iā€™ll let you know as soon as they get back to me!

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam we have been trying this procedure, but nothing new came up: the questionnaires seem fine, until we try to upload them and the same error pops up again. Do you have anything else to suggest?

@mealcoopi, did you press the Send Finalized Form after Editing Saved Form? Did it have any error message?

Yes, and the same error keeps popping up:
Error : Generic exeption : Error : Improperly formatted XML

OK, could you share with me the screenshot of your Collect android app from Fill Blank Form for those that have submission issues?