Error parsing HTTP while installing kobo-install

Hello
I’m trying to install Kobotoolbox on Linux VM but I get this error :
ERROR: error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character ‘<’ looking for beginning of value: “

408 Request Time-out

\nYour browser didn’t send a complete request in time.\n\n\n”
An error has occurred

So I need your support

It seems to be a problem with docker. Not kobo-install.
Do you have an issue with Internet connection?

Thank you @nolive yeas it was internet connection problem but now I have another issue I can’t start kobotoolbox it give me this : KoBoToolbox has not started yet. This is can be normal with low CPU/RAM computers.
and ask me to Wait for another 600 seconds and it repeat the same question many times without enabling to start the environment but when I choose the secound choice it give me: Sometimes frontend containers can not communicate with backend containers.
Restarting the frontend containers usually fixes it.

and I don’t know how to solve it. any helpe or suggestion will be very helpful.

Hi Fareeda,
From what I see from your screenshot, you are trying to use HTTPS with invalid domains.
kobo.local is a fake domain name and it’s only meant to be used on workstation setup (without HTTPS). You have to use a real registered domain name.
You will have to recreate Let’sEncrypt certificates too.

1 Like

Yes @nolive I don’t have registered domain I want to test kobotoolbox on my server before I register a domain, so can I use the kobo. Local as a fake Doman with http choice??

Without a register domain, You have to choose workstation mode.
It will be accessible only from the workstation.

If you need to access from another computer on the same LAN, please add the kf.kobo.local, kc.kobo.local and ee.kobo.local with corresponding IP address to computer hosts file

1 Like

@nolive I choose the workstation mode but I can’t reach the URL:

As I said,

If you need to access from another computer on the same LAN, please add the kf.kobo.local , kc.kobo.local and ee.kobo.local with corresponding IP address to computer hosts file.

So if you installed KoBoInstall on a server on your local network and you want to access the app from your computer, you need to add the domain names to your hosts file.

1 Like