Error redeploying the project

Hello seasoned colleagues. I developed a project on Kobo, deployed it and even started data entry via Enketo express. the challenge I got is that i was receiving a lot of non responses from my field team and therefore decided to get back to my project and I made some questions Mandatory

I was able to edit and save the form but unfortunately the form wasn’t able to REDEPLOY as shown below. This is urgent because i paused data collection to sort out this issue first.

kobo error

Hi @abraham_oluka,

As a quick workaround, would you mind validating your xlsform here. It should help you identify the syntax errors that is within your xlsform (survey form) and you should be able to redeploy your survey form without any error message.

However, if you still happen to see the error message, kingly please feel free to share your xlsform with the community (if you feel uncomfortable to share with the entire community, you could share it though a private message). We shall help you find the syntax errors that is hindering your redeployment.

Have a great day!

Thank you @Kal_Lam. It was able to detect some errors. much as the duplicates are intentional; so where do I put this allow_choice_duplicates setting exactly, is it under the choice tab or the settings tab

Thanks much!

1 Like

Hi @abraham_oluka,

I would advise you you to clean the duplicate choices that you see under the choices tab. As a reference you could see a small workaround discussed previously:

Unless and until it’s something intentional, you could set the allow_choice_duplicates as shown below:

Have a great day!

2 Likes