Error with no error message

Hello –
A user is receiving errors when they try to submit a form via Enketo. There is no error message; the content containing the error is highlighted in a peach color with a number next to certain rows. I’ve looked on the back end to see if there are restrictions related to what the user submitted, but this doesn’t seem to be the case (the field where the user entered “Cairo” is set as open-ended text (abc). See how the error appears below.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you,
Sarah

Did you check the form with the Online validator?

The number on the right indicates the case inside a repeat group, that is ok/normal…

There might be an error with a type or a preceding or following element. Can you reproduce the error with a clone of your form?

1 Like

Hi! Do you mind explaining what a case inside a repeat group is? The question asks for # of trainings, and then loads a set of questions for each training. Is that what a case inside a repeat group is? Also, the user says this is the only type of error they see, and that there is no error message.

We built the form using the form builder, but I can try downloading the XLS file and using the validator.

I don’t get the error myself when I try to complete the survey from a separate account. I figure I will try to clone the survey if the validator doesn’t yield any information. That’s useful to think about if there are issues with preceding or following elements, but no other users are getting this error, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Thanks again,
Sarah

Hi again @wroos! I used the Online validator, but the only error I’m getting is related to labels for group headings. For example:

I don’t think this is the issue. Is that your assumption as well?
Thanks again,
Sarah

This is the position/ case number of the repeat loop.

This user might use a special browser or a special language configuration or an older form url link.
Can you try, which error messages you can reproduce yourself?
Do you use multiple languages in this form? There might be an error message (e.g. constraint_message) not defined for the used form language.

The group label message is just a warning. Without label there is no visible group “title”. See Error when trying to preview - #4 by wroos.

1 Like